Monday, February 15, 2010

Just one

Being an only child had it's advantages....like getting everything your heart desires. It also had it's disadvantages....like you never have anyone to fight with except your parents and then you never win. I always hated being an only child. I desperately wanted brothers or sisters. I thought growing up as an only child was very lonely. I very quickly adopted my friends as my siblings and their parents were also my "other" parents. Growing up I never called my friend's parents mr and mrs they were always mom and dad. The same was true of my parents, they had many "other" kids who called them mom and dad. Still that was never enough for me, although til this day I love my friends (who have actually become my family) with all my heart but I always felt like something was missing in my life.

I shouldn't be such a downer after all it wasn't all bad. After all my parents DID spoil me rotten, AND I learned a lot from being an only child. I learned not to be afraid to do anything by myself. I have no problem going to a restaurant alone or going to the movies by myself. I was NEVER one of those girls that needed company to go to the bathroom..lol
I think in many ways it made me stronger so really I shouldn't complain but you know me I will anyway..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment