Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monday blues

I always loved the weekends...ok there was a time not so very long ago when I dreaded the weekends and couldn't wait for Monday to come....but that's another story.

Ok so getting back to my original statement..weekends...love them.. Except lately I'm getting that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach again but only when Sunday rolls around and for a much different reason. Again another story. See, I am a sales rep for a major laboratory and my job is to talk to doctors and convince them to use our lab and use these great news tests we have. The perks of the job are I get a car that I pay nothing for, a computer, a phone and I have a lot of freedom to come and go as I please. The down side is my territory is in Flushing Queens about an hour and half away from home on a good day and it's rarely a good day.

I wanted this job for a while and was so excited when I got it. I started about a year ago and so much has changed in that time..both personally and professionally..lol It has become a very demanding job and requires so much of my personal time. Reports and assignments to do in the evening and on the weekends. I honestly feel like there is not enough time between all of my kids activities and activities of my own, I am stressed out ALL the time. I know I should stop whining and be thankful I have a job and believe me I am but the pressure I feel is very hard to deal with sometimes.

I started looking for a new job, submitted my resume to a few places and hopefully something will come up...wish me luck! In the meantime I push forward and keep playing the lottery!

4 comments:

  1. I want to hear about the "other" story.....WHY couldnt you wait for Mondays to come??? *snicker*

    You will be ok babe...hang in there. And dont forget about us when you hit the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WERE the "other" story..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I LOVE hearing about it....tell me again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you say, you do have a job, that's lucky, now just find one with better conditions. Be happy for the good things.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete